Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vacation, 2 days in, and already can't walk.....

Well..... we got here. Had supper the evening of arrival at one of our fav places in Florida, Sonny's bar-b-que. This one wasn"t as good as the one in Jupiter, but it was yummy and lots to pick from for those of us with no wheat.

Spent yesterday in Epcot, First we did a little cafe thingy in The Land for "breakfast", it wasn't really what I wanted, the only thing we OMG!could have was a scoop of scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Couldn't have the bread or biscuit. So I was a little bummed about that. This is the month of the Food and Wine Festival here in Epcot, and most of the wine tasting booths, even though they offer a few regional food items from the country of the wine, they were all things that had flour or such, like pastries, or quiche, or baklava. Well you get the idea. So there wasn't much at the small food vendors or the quick cafes that I could have, bummer huh? Anyhow we were all the wIon't know how ay in the back of the park by Japan when we had to do the power walk all the way back up front to the building we were to be at for the cheese tasting, americana. The cheeses were fabulous, but they were to be paired with beer. Can't have that either except for the wheat free ones like Red Bridge by Anhueser Busch. But we did taste an absolutely amazing bleu cheese out of Oregon, called Crater Lake Blue. Wow!!!! and I don't like bleu cheese as a rule but this was to die for. Then sis and hubby took me on the Mission to Space ride and did the extreme. OMG! I got so sick and disorented, I don't know how I didn't loose all that wonderful cheese. Then we headed off for some supper. Unfortunately I believe there was some communication error and the park was much more crowded than earlier, so we didn't make reservations and ended up in Morroco for supper. They don't have much wheat or GF to select from for supper. Sad really, because we love middle eastern foods. And by that time I was also in ALOT of pain across my hips. And the poor waiter needs a bit more education between wheat and gluten. ah well, it wasn't my first choice for supper because I knew there wouldn't be much to select from. Needless to say we hit the Taco Bell on the way back to the condo for the fillers.

Today we did lunch at the Rainforest Cafe in the Animal Kingdom, I had a very very very yummy chicken asian salad. YUM! Hubby had their Volcano Nachos, LOL very mild, not heat to them really especially since we come from the land of thermonuclear chilies and food. So funny, but they were tasty. Did the Kali Rapid raft ride, got totally soaked, and then went to the Mt. Everest ride, WOW! So fun, but I must have done something to my foot and hobbled back out to the car as hubby had to go get checked in for his conference. Wonder if we'll go for the all you can eat lobster and crab for supper tonite.... mmmmm, now that is GF and I could eat alot of that.

Well that's all for now


I'll be hobbling through the week.

No comments: