Sunday, October 12, 2008

Home, Sweet Home again!

Well we got home today at noon. I am never getting up that early to catch a plane again! 4 hour flight, left at 9 est, and we got up at 4am! Because we had to return the rental car, and that could have taken quite awhile, and then security at Orlando can take almost as long as some of the ride lines at Disney! Turned out we only got turned around a little finding the car return, and walked right through security. Waited about 2 hrs before we could board. Wasn't too bad, but we were hungry.

I discovered that with the exception of the sit down dining places in Disney, there isn't much out and around Kissimmee/Clermont area for those of us needing to dine without wheat. :o( I am positive that one (possibly more) meal(s) had some wheat in them because my HS hit me within 24 hours, granted it was a small one, and let go pretty quickly. I just need it to finally heal now. And besides the food was simply soooooo much better in Disney. I think the most amazing meal I got to have was lunch in the Brown Derby in Disney Hollywood Studios.

We had fun, got overheated as the humidity was high even if it was in the low to mid 80's and had afternoon showers most days. I have some new favorite rides, and there are new ones since I was last there 10 yrs ago! Unless you are deathly afraid of heights and dropping a ways.... I would strongly recommend these, Soarin in Epcot, you simulate this amazing hang glide; Everest Expedition and Kali River Rapids in Animal Kingdom, (you do get soaked at the Kali ride); and of course the Tower of Terror, based off the Twilight Zone episode; and the Rockin Roller Coaster with Aerosmith, both in Disney Hollywood Studios. The Rockin Roller Coaster is one that will leave you breathless! WOW.....

Anyhow, while it was fun to go, I am happy to be home again. We are footsore and tired because you never sleep as good as you do in your own bed. And we missed having alot of foods we just couldn't get there that we can at home. I know though, we'll be going back within a year, I just wish perhaps it could be in January, when it's less hot and less crowded. Epcot was a zoo as was the Magic Kingdom. I just don't enjoy the crowds anymore, must be getting to be a fuddy duddy I guess. LOL

Now off to make that WF/GF mac and cheese hubby is craving! :)

No comments: