Monday, October 20, 2008

remiss in posting.... oops!

Well it's been over a week since I posted anything. So bad! Been a strange week though.

With all the hoo ha over the elections, (btw I did my civic duty and voted this past Saturday), I am glad I don't watch the TV. The negativity, ignorance and hate coming from the republican side of things is awful! and depressing! And that it isn't helping the economy at all is even worse. You read about all these people losing their homes and livelihoods and you pray it never happens to someone you know or are close to. However, today it did hit close to home for me. A coworker/friend is losing her house and it's awful! This shouldn't be happening. And she was not one of those who overbought or got into trouble with an ARM or Balloon mortgage, she is a divorcee by herself with a small house that she doesn't own the land under, she commutes perhaps 30 miles a day for work, and has a horse that is her lifeline and sanity. But in our area, boarding stables here are a gigantic ripoff, 400 a month for one horse not always including feed. Anyhow, she came to work with us in Feb this year, and makes more gross than she did previously, but our HR has made it mandatory that everyone will pay into state retirement. It is this deduction that is causing her to make less take home than before, and she cannot meet her bills. And the state retirement agency said it wasn't mandatory, but our HR says it is, and no one is helping her. She is such a compassionate animal person, she would rather lose her house than her horse who she loves, and is scared that if she has to give him up he'll end up in the auction yard. So I am networking with everyone and everything I can, because this is not right that good hard working people who are responsible should lose their home and so much more.

And yes, I am on a rant.... I just hope I can help in some way.

And on now to foods.... LOL We found an excellent sauce for us needing wheat free stuff, and it was reasonable at Costco. It is made by Simply Natural and is their Scampi sauce. It is delicious and we like it with Chicken or it can be with Pork too. So here's the simple meal we do with it.

Chicken Scampi over Brown Rice
6 to 8 fresh or frozen chicken breast tenders placed into a covered corning dish with enough sauce to cover. Cover the dish and bake at 35o for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over brown rice.

It's a fast easy wheat free meal to make, and if you cook the chicken in the sauce pan by sauteing it can take less time if they aren't frozen. It also makes excellent leftovers for lunch too.

Now since Hubby can't have tomatoes either anymore, I have to figure out good non-tomato sauces for pastas, and not all cheesy stuff. I also need to figure out something for lasagna which was his favorite dish. Fun! I like challenges!

I do have to say though, overall I am feeling so much better and more alert (if the dogs ever let me sleep), and more energetic. It is also nice to not have the strange side effects I was having when I ate wheat. I still need to severely cut back on my corn consumption also. But overall, I know when I got something I shouldn't have immediately because my body reacts so quickly with bloating, or such, or not so nice or pain free results. We have a theory about why we are all so intolerant of alot of our foods anymore. I feel alot of is because of the chemicals to "bleach", preserve, and prolong shelf life, being stored that long with the "soup" that is used to make it so appealing and last longer is bound to change it so much our bodies find it toxic, and even if we do get it fresh, the body still perceives it as toxic. That and irradiating everything certainly can change it genetically so it is no longer what it was and is not compatible with us any longer. We have so abused and mucked things up it's sad. All for convenience. I know we have through planting, grafting, and cross pollination changed our crops genetically to improve the crop, but get real, fish genes into tomatoes? When in nature or without our current science would that ever happen?

Oh well, I am crashing here and it's time for lights out, put the dogs up and find my pillow that is calling me. :)

No comments: