Sunday, September 28, 2008

Now it's too quiet.......

Well, I guess I have all the time in the world to bake today. I am home alone, hubby left for Seattle this morning. It's gonna be a long quiet week. So now I wonder what trouble can I get into?

I found a new Gluten free flour blend that I ordered some of and will try it out. You are supposed to be able to use it just like regular flour, in any recipe, and the only change will be the increase in liquids. I can't wait to try it out, and hope that it bakes lighter than the bean based blend I have been using. Which we love by the way. Also on this gals' site (the one who makes the flour) there is a contest to bake a better pie using that flour. I guess I need to get out my ex-mother in-law's really buttery/flakey crust recipe and try it for my Maple Sweet Potato Cheesecake Pie. I got the pie recipe from a diabetic cookbook and it uses pure maple syrup for the sweet in it. Not much of it even. And boy is it yummy! So when I make it with the crust recipe and it turns out yummy, I will post the recipe here and try for the contest. Oh the web address for this gf flour mix is: www.betterbatter.org
It ended up per pound being cheaper than what I have been using. If it is as great as it is purported to be, I will be ordering from them from now on. :)

A couple of Sundays ago, I ordered some brown rice pasta from another company, one who makes their own I assume that is wheat and gluten free. I have been trying to chase down this company as I still haven't received my order, and when they did respond they only said they sent it Monday, not which Monday, and they ship UPS. No tracking number, nothing. I am not happy. I guess I should have stuck to the one place I ordered the Tinkyada brand from. Stupid me.

I found at Trader Joe's today some brown rice tortillas, so will try them this week also. I also found they have wheat/gluten free frozen waffles and pancakes for the toaster. So will try them also. And wonder of all wonders! LOL... we found one of the wheat free brands of beer. RedBridge by Anhueser Busch. It isn't bad actually and I actually like it, especially very cold. But it's made from Sorghum, not hops and barley. It's nice to know now that I can enjoy a beer still once in a while. :o)

Ah well, time to go bake a bit I guess! LOL Wonder what mess I should make now? LOL LOL

1 comment:

Pdxprowler said...

Hey Sis. Sorry you by yourself this Week, but now you can have all the fun ;). Anyhow call me when you get a chance... :)