Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I think I could be in trouble.....

And it's ok, because I can blame it on the brother. :D I don't know how he finds these sites, but this one is good! And the extreme brat in me put my sis-in-law's name in for it. LOL Want to get your name on the net and run for President in good fun? then go here, watch your video and share it with friends.

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=357563&altf=Sipoeb&altl=Sphfst&lap=2

Too funny! Well done! the person(s) who put all this together are creative geniuses. :D

Now, who else can I pull this on? LOL LOL

Well the weekend baking, Saturday went fab, Sunday, hmmmm, 1/2 not so good, the other half was great.
Thought I would try to convert a tortilla recipe to GF. Well that was a fiasco. no way that was gonna work, maybe if I had put some Xanthan gum in. So I punted with the failure dough and threw in more liquid, and X-gum, and lemon juice and attempted to make Hamburger buns from there. They feel a bit solid despite rising well, so we'll see. The buttermilk scones on the other hand are excellent!

I have decided though that perhaps trying to make the tortillas may be more work than I am willing to fight with. I have limited counter space so it isn't easy to do many things that require rolling. And so found a company online who makes them with brown rice flour. And our local organic food coop carries this brand. I am most certainly willing to pay for them, less hassle for me and ready any time I want them. :)

So baking other things though or making meals without the wheat flour I am willing to work with. I did also discover that one company makes wheat free graham crackers also sold at the coop, I will have to get them to make my graham cracker crust for the Maple Sweet Potato Cheesecake pie for the holidays. We just love that pie and it is a diabetic recipe I got last year. It is so yummy and creamy. And we love it better than plain old pumpkin pie. Some how though for regular pies I don't think I'll have problems making the pie crusts and converting them. So we will see how the holiday baking goes. May have to make little pies, and maybe if I feel ambitious enough make Pecan Pie.

On the soft chocolate cookies that are more like cake morsels, I realized this evening cleaning out the pantry of all wheat items, that I have some cream cheese frostings in there, so..... I can frost some of those cookies for an added sugar zing! Woo Hoo!

You know, if anyone wants a recipe, or has one they would like converted, let me know, heck, I'll give it a go!

No comments: